[Beowulf] Sustainable HPC Workshop Call for Papers

Justin YUAN SHI shi at temple.edu
Fri Sep 21 08:21:35 PDT 2012

Dear Colleagus:

If you are working on HPC cloud or experimenting with cloud, I would
like to invite you to submit your work to our workshop sponsored by
SC12 (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA). It will be held in November
11/10-16.

We are looking for experiments and experiences using HPC cloud for any
variety of apps. We are also interested your results dealing with
faults. Here is the  RFP details:

Suggested Areas (but not limited to):

Investigative Reports:
* Computation intensive applications without failure and recovery
* Computation intensive applications with failure and recovery
* Cloud performances for data intensive applications

Failure Detection and Prevention Experiences:
* Experiences in non-main stream HPC paradigms
* Experiences in using auction-based cloud resources
* Experiences in virtualized GPU for HPC applications
* Experiences in virtualized network for HPC applications
* Innovative failure prevention and recovery methods

Information Security:
* HPC security considerations using cloud resources
* Communication infrastructure virtualization experiences
* Private cloud implementation experiences

Resource Usage and Prediction:
* Innovative cloud auction pricing models
* Resource usage prediction models

Important Dates:
* Paper submission deadline: 9/22/2012. 5pm EST. (Extended)
* Notification of acceptance: 10/15/2012, 2012 10am EST.
* Final Manuscript Due: 10/25/2012 5pm EST.
* Registration Due: 10/17/2012
* Conference Date: 11/10-16/2012

Submission Instructions:

Prospective authors are invited to submit manuscripts reporting
original unpublished research and recent related developments.
Papers must be submitted in PDF format (readable by Adobe Acrobat
Reader 5.0 and higher). Submissions are limited to 10 pages in
the IEEE conference proceedings format. Shorter papers are also
welcome. The 10-page limit includes figures, tables, and appendices,
but does not include references, for which there is no page limit.
Margins and font sizes should not be modified. Templates can be
found at: http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html

Workshop URL: http://sites.google.com/a/temple.edu/shpcloud-2012/home