[Beowulf] NFS over RDMA performance confusion

Ellis H. Wilson III ellis at cse.psu.edu
Thu Sep 13 09:04:56 PDT 2012

On 09/13/2012 10:59 AM, Prentice Bisbal wrote:
> On 09/13/2012 10:45 AM, Vincent Diepeveen wrote:
>> Note MySQL never was even remotely serious as a database. As soon as
>> you had its database go get out of RAM,
>> it became serious slow.
>
> This ridiculous claim confirms that you are completely out of touch with
> reality. If MySQL "never was even remotely serious as a database", why
> is it one of the most widely used databases in the world?
>
> I think the other poster was right. The only thing of value you can
> bring to this list is your silence.

Now now, what would our lovely Beowulf list be, if not for our local
Grendel?  All our heroes would fall into slovenly ways, unchallenged by
the Berserker's ever-constant malice, and all our wizards would grow
aloof, lacking the mental exercise it's subtly crafted traps provide them.

We should be grateful for "every nail, claw-scale and spur, every spike
and welt on the hand of that heathen brute."  Or at the very least, we
must appreciate the comfort that comes with knowing that even if we are
the most terribly mislead and incongruent poster on this list, we shine
as a righteous parallel knight in comparison with his intellectual
destitution.

Best,

ellis