[Beowulf] Supercomputers face growing resilience problems

Luc Vereecken kineticluc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 02:29:57 PST 2012

At the same time, there are API (e.g. HTCondor) that do not assume
successful communications or computation; they are used in large
distributed computing projects (SETI at HOME, FOLDING at HOME, distributed.net
(though I don't think they have a toolbox available)). For
embarrassingly parallel workloads, they can be a good match; for tightly
coupled workloads, not always.

Luc