[Beowulf] More AMD rumors

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Mon Nov 19 16:30:57 PST 2012

On Mon, 19 Nov 2012, Administrator wrote:

> On 19/11/12 22:43, graham.mullier at syngenta.com wrote:
>
>> Next you'll say that the old guys are the ones who have used punched cards
> > and know (well, maybe knew) the different between Fortran 66 and 77.
>
> Or can remember the wild party we threw when we increased core from 4K
> to 8K....

... and "disk" no longer involved units the size of a good kegger that
cost a small fortune and held a teensy drop of data.

Sadly, I threw my big deck of cards out.  Any day now I'm losing my 9
track tape.

> P.S. What's Star Trek ?

A show that eventually replaced the really good stuff on radio on this
new medium called "television" in the minds of younger geeks in the U.S.
It involved large plastic models of starships and a dude with elf-pointy
ears.  You don't want to know.

    rgb