[Beowulf] Maker2 genomic software license experience?

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Nov 9 05:06:46 PST 2012

Maybe that's why you need a cluster...
Rather than spend labor time making the code faster, just buy a faster
machine  (assuming Amdahl's law doesn't bite you).  Especially for some
specialized domain areas, there may not be more labor time available to
buy, at any price.

I don't know how sophisticated they are, but python does do some sort of
compilation, just like matlab and octave do, it's just done on the fly.
So it's not like you're going to interpret the inside of the loop over and
over again.