[Beowulf] Google greywater cooling

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 22 17:23:22 PDT 2012

Much of the electricity in the US is actually generated by burning oil, as well..

As it happens, enemalta has a web presence..
There's a fixed service charge of €65 for single phase residential, €195 for three phase.. .. that's where your big cost is..
The actual electricity is €0.161 to €0.620 per kWh in 5 tiers.  (it doesn't actually say kWh, but I assume that's what the units are..)

So that's high on a per kWh basis (compared to, say, California) but not exceedingly high.. (maybe 2x-3x.)

For businesses:
The flat fee is €360 for 3phase, and rates go from 0.162 up to 0.215 (at 20-60 MWh) and then down to 0.144 at 5GWh.   This is a pretty typical sort of rate schedule.. gradually rising, then falling.  (and of course, they stick you for reactive power, too, just like in the U.S.)