[Beowulf] cpu's versus gpu's - was Intel buys QLogic InfiniBand business

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Jan 31 01:28:18 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 06:09:48PM -0500, Joe Landman wrote:
> On 01/30/2012 06:07 PM, Peter St. John wrote:
> > Instead of appointing a moderator, we could grow one with recursive Page
> > Ranking (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_ranking) (in math we knew
> > about this type of thing a while ago because of "citation analysis", see
> > the link).
>
> Please ... no moderator.  Lists get boring while waiting for content
> filtering organisms to fulfill their voluntary tasks ...

On all the lists I run and participate in you only turn
moderation on by default for new list members and put
known bozos on permanent moderation.

The result is zero delay as soon as new list subscribers
have produced their first non-spam non-bozo post.

> If you don't like someone's writing, filter them.

I already do, but content producers typically don't bother
and vote with their feet. I have seen many communities die
in that manner. Never surprising, still always sad.