[Beowulf] Intel buys QLogic InfiniBand business

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Mon Jan 23 16:06:43 PST 2012

On 01/23/2012 07:03 PM, Joe Landman wrote:

> Hear that Shai F?  Stop work on vSMP now, cause Vincent says it can't
> work!!!

There is an implicit /sarc tag here BTW.  vSMP does a wonderful job
(where Vincent claims that things won't work ... they do work, and very
well at that).

> More seriously, with this acquisition, I could see serious contention
> for ScaleMP.  SoC type stuff, using IB between many nodes, in smaller boxen.

Serious contention to buy ScaleMP (as in potential acquirers)

Must be getting too much blood in the coffee stream.  Can't communicate ...

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com