[Beowulf] Functionality of schedulers

Jan Wender j.wender at science-computing.de
Wed Feb 29 23:20:28 PST 2012

Hi Jon,

Jon Tegner schrieb:
> Is there any scheduler which has the functionality to automatically put
> a running job on hold when another job with higher priority is submitted?

AFAIK at least LSF has this as a feature called preemption.

> Preferably the state of the first job should be frozen, and saved to
> disk, so that it can be restarted again when the higher priority job has
> finished.

That depends probably mostly on the application. If the application
offers it, then the batch system can use it to save state.
I don't know much about kernel level checkpointing, though.

Cheerio, Jan
--
---- Company Information ----
Vorstand/Board of Management: Dr. Bernd Finkbeiner, Michael Heinrichs,