[Beowulf] 10GbE topologies for small-ish clusters?

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Oct 12 11:04:27 PDT 2011

We just bought a couple of 64-port 10g switches from Blade, for the
middle of our networking infrastructure. They were the winner over all
the others, lowest price and appropriate features. We also bought
Blade top-of-rack switches. Now that they've been bought up by IBM you
have to negotiate harder to get that low price, but you can still get
it by threatening them with competing quotes.

Gnodal looks very interesting for larger, multi-switch clusters, they
were just a bit late to market for us. Arista really believes that
their high prices are justified; we didn't.

And if anyone would like to buy some used Mellanox 48-port 10ge
switches, we have 2 extras we'd like to sell.

-- greg