[Beowulf] initialize starting number for torque 2.5.5

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 19 06:44:06 PDT 2011

On 19 July 2011 14:32, Paul Van Allsburg <vanallsburg at hope.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm in the process of replacing a cluster head node and I'd like to install torque with a starting job number of 100000. Is this
> possible or problematic?

In SGE you would just edit the jobseqno file.

In PBS that sequence number is held in the file serverdb, and I have
had call to alter it once when we upgraded a cluster and I wanted
to keep a continuity of job sequence numbers.

As serverdb is an XML file in Torque, if I Google serves me well, so I
would try installing then running the first job,
stopping then editing serverdb?