[Beowulf] /dev/random entropy on stateless/headless nodes

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Feb 28 06:29:03 PST 2011

prop delay is always an issue ...see stories about ATM message size being chosen to be small enough that packet length < propagation delay across France, making echo cancellers easier.  European PTTs wanted 32 bytes, Ma Bell wanted 64 bytes

and, of course, how TCP breaks down if you try to use it, to, say, the Moon