[Beowulf] maui: how to set different walltime for different users

Bill Wichser bill at Princeton.EDU
Thu Feb 17 10:35:38 PST 2011

We do this by individual requests to extend walltime and as sysadmin use
the "qalter -l walltime=720:00:00 ,jobid>" to increase to 720 hours
say.  If it isn't too many jobs involved in the requests, we can easily
handle this.  Otherwise, a queue per user or time slot, protected with
ACL, is going to be the only way around this.

Bill