[Beowulf] IBM's Watson on Jeopardy tonight

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Wed Feb 16 08:36:19 PST 2011

Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovation/02/14/jeopardy.ibm.watson/index.html
>
> this is quite an interesting read.
>
> question becomes are computers just as smart as we are?

Don't confuse knowledge for intelligence ("smarts") They are two
completely separate (but often related things). Knowledge is the
collection of facts, but intelligence is the ability to reason or
"figure things out"

Note this is just my description, and not anything super-scientific, so
please don't split hairs over my description.

Prentice

--
Prentice