[Beowulf] Advice on 4 CPU node configurations

Douglas Eadline deadline at eadline.org
Tue Feb 8 10:34:36 PST 2011

Although I wrote about the SMP and the Numascale hardware,
I have not yet had a chance to use it.

To me there are two issues worth considering. First,
if you need a big SMP this might be a low
cost solution. Second, should your application
not scale best in a node-based ccNuma system (ScaleMP
or Numascale), MPI is still an option. Indeed, no need
to rewrite the codes. And, management is probably
much easier.

Of course for large systems, clusters work best.

--
Doug

--
Doug