[Beowulf] China Wrests Supercomputer Title From U.S.

Morton, Scott SMorton at hess.com
Thu Oct 28 20:14:18 PDT 2010

Yes, the petroleum industry is using GPUs in production.  At Hess Corporation, we have our main seismic imaging codes running in production on nvidia GPUs.  I have several presentations you can find on the internet, if you want details.

There are several other companies with some similar success.  WesternGeco/Schlumberger gave two presentations at nvidia's recent GPU technology conference on their efforts and successes.

Scott Morton
Hess Corporation