[Beowulf] Anybody using Redhat HPC Solution in their Beowulf

Leif Nixon nixon at nsc.liu.se
Tue Nov 2 05:39:27 PDT 2010

"Ellis H. Wilson III" <ellis at runnersroll.com> writes:

> Optimally IMHO, in university setups physical scientists create the
> need for HPC.  These types shouldn't (as Kilian mentions) need to
> inherit all of the responsibilities and overheads of cluster
> management to use one (or pay cluster vendors annually for support).
> They should simply walk over to the CS department

Agh, no, not the CS guys. They should come to their friendly local HPC
centre, who will help them spec, acquire and operate a custom cluster
(or give them a time allocation on a shared cluster).

I'm being purely objective here, of course.

--
                               / Swedish National Infrastructure for Computing
Leif Nixon - Security officer <  National Supercomputer Centre