[Beowulf] looking for good distributed shell program

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Thu May 13 18:09:42 PDT 2010

On 11/05/10 23:30, Prentice Bisbal wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. I have read articles on xCAT and
> was always intereted in it, I just never got around to
> actually installing it and trying it myself.

We're using xCAT on our SGI cluster and it works nicely,
including its xdsh and xdshbak commands.  Version 2 of
xCAT is available from SourceForge and installable via
a yum repository.

> You would still need to authenticate to run commands
> as root. Where ssh is used, this would require the
> admin to have a key that's in root's authorized_keys
> file to run a remote command as root.

On a cluster set up with xCAT all that is taken care
of for you through its kickstart and postscript stuff.

cheers,
Chris
          http://www.vlsci.unimelb.edu.au/