[Beowulf] dollars-per-teraflop : any lists like the Top500?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 13:21:08 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 12:50 AM, Greg Lindahl <lindahl at pbm.com> wrote:
> Other communities with $-based metrics haven't had much success with
> them.
>
> In HPC, many contracts are multi-year, multi-delivery, or, they
> include significant extra stuff beyond the iron.

Thanks Beowulfers for some interesting comments and discussion there.
I guess, the conclusion (as I see it ) is : At the present time there
is no good (read "easy", "direct" , "quick" etc.) way of benchmarking
the $ costs of my system against others in the ecosystem.

For what it's worth my own estimate of our circa. 2010 cluster is
$35k/Teraflop (peak).

--
Rahul