[Beowulf] Re: Bugfix for Broadcom NICs losing connectivity

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 13:37:47 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 3:39 AM, Tina Friedrich
<Tina.Friedrich at diamond.ac.uk> wrote:
> We've had that happen on some of our servers. Currently using the
> disable_msi workaround, which seems to have stopped it. I believe there's
> supposed to be a fix in the latest Red Hat kernel but we haven't really
> tested that yet.

I saw the exact same symptoms as Tina. Not a hard-correlation but I
mostly saw it during periods of high NFS loads. The disable_msi
workaround does work like a charm.

Before that my only option was to log in locally via console and then
do a ifdown; ifup on the interface.

--
Rahul