[Beowulf] Turboboost/IDA on Nehalem

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Fri Jun 18 04:30:12 PDT 2010

Does anyone know much about Turboboost on Nehalem?
I would like to have some indication that this is working, and perhaps
measure what effect it has.
I have enabled Turboboost in the BIOS, however when I modprobe
acpi_cpufreq I get

FATAL: Error inserting acpi_cpufreq
(/lib/modules/2.6.31.12-0.2-desktop/kernel/arch/x86/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/a
cpi-cpufreq.ko): No such device

Dave Jones' blog suggest this is a BIOS issue. Any ideas?
I have tried BIOS flags for hardware and software control of CPU
stepping.

The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.