[Beowulf] Scale modl Cray-1

David N. Lombard dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Fri Jul 30 12:38:19 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 08:15:55AM -0700, Gus Correa wrote:
> Hearns, John wrote:
> > Enjoy.  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/07/29/cray_1_replica/
> >
> In this age of virtualization,
> I was wondering if there are simulators in software (say, for Linux)
> of famous old computers: PDP-11, VAX, Cray-1, IBM 1130, IBM/360,
> CDC 6600, even the ENIAC perhaps.
>  From instruction set, to OS, to applications.

http://www.ibm1130.org

You can run DMS R2 V12 along with ASM, IBM FORTRAN (not EMU FORTRAN), APL, RPG...
I play with this at home...  It's a hoot!

Check out http://ibm1130.org/sim/other where various other sims are
listed, all but CDC and Cray from your list above.

--
David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.