[Beowulf] which mpi library should I focus on?

Sangamesh B forum.san at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 21:40:12 PST 2010

Hi,

  I hope you are developing MPI codes and wants to run in cluster
environment. If so, I prefer you to use Open MPI. Because,

  Open MPI is well developed and its stable
  Has a very good FAQ section, where you will get clear your doubts easily.
  It has a in-built tight-integration method with cluster schedulers- SGE,
PBS, LSF etc.
  It has an option to choose ETHERNET or INFINIBAND network connectivity
during run-time.

Thanks,
Sangamesh