[Beowulf] [hpc-announce] CCGrid 2010: Call for Research/Product Demos

Suraj Pandey spandey at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Feb 14 14:33:28 PST 2010

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this
email]

	CCGrid 2010: Call for Research/Product Demos

The 10th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid
Computing (CCGrid 2010)
May 17-20, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
http://www.manjrasoft.com/ccgrid2010/callfordemos.html

We invite research demonstrations from laboratories or research groups
(academic, government, or industrial) to showcase new innovations and
technologies in Cloud Computing and HPC/scientific applications at the
CCGrid 2010 conference. CCGrid is a highly successful and
well-recognized International conference for presenting the latest
breakthroughs in Cluster, Cloud and Grid technologies.

Although we are looking for demos on the emerging Cloud Computing and
GPU-based computing areas, we welcome demos from all areas within the
scope of CCGrid 2010. The topics of interest including the following,
but not limited to are:

- Scientific, Engineering, Commercial or e-Science Applications using
Cloud Computing
- Middleware
- Demonstrable Open-Challenges
- Resource Management
- Scheduling and Load Balancing
- Programming Models, Tools, and Environments
- Performance Evaluation and Modeling

The proposal should include:
- Up to 2 page description of the demo and the set up, and
- A short (half-page) description of the research lab

Accepted research demonstrations will be invited to present in the
conference. These abstracts will not be included in the conference
proceedings, but will be published on the conference website.

Live demos are expected to be up and running during the Research
Demonstration Session. We strongly discourage recorded presentations. In
addition, authors of accepted demonstrations are expected to communicate
more general information about the specific demo and other work being
performed at the lab using their own posters (poster boards are
provided). We will be providing wireless Internet access ONLY. This
means, the hardware (compute and data resources) and software needed for
the demo should reside either in public Clouds such as Amazon or private
infrastructure of research labs/enterprises.

A Best Research Demo Award will be presented to the winning demo/team
selected by the award committee at the CCGrid 2010 conference.

Please submit a pdf version of the proposal to:
spandey at csse.unimelb.edu.au by the due date.

Demo Co-ordinators
--------------------

Pavan Balaji, Argonne National Laboratory
A,B.M. Russel, VeRSI
Suraj Pandey, University of Melbourne

Important Dates
--------------------
Deadline for submissions: 	March 31st, 2010
Notification of Acceptance: 	April 5th, 2010

Sincerely,

Suraj Pandey
Phd Candidate,
Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems (CLOUDS) Lab
Dept. of Computer Science and Software Engineering
The University of Melbourne
ICT Building, 111 Barry Street, Carlton,
Melbourne, VIC 3053, Australia
Phone: +61-3-8344-1355 (Off)
Fax: +61-3-9348-1184
email: spandey at csse.unimelb.edu.au