[Beowulf] Low cost IB cards

Michael H. Frese Michael.Frese at NumerEx-LLC.com
Sat Feb 6 16:13:18 PST 2010

Be sure your OS -- as in "cat /etc/issue" -- has all the bells and
whistles for IB.  We bought those 4X SDR cards and an 8 port switch
and tried and tried and tried for over a year off and on and finally
failed on various flavors of Fedora to bring up OFA/OFED on IB.  We
finally succeeded with CentOS 5.3 or 4.  Then we brought up CentOS on
a mixed cluster and now its NFS is failing miserably to communicate
with some of the older OS's, on which problem you hear more later....

Ugh!

There didn't seem to be any hardware problems, though.

Mike