[Beowulf] posting bonnie++ stats from our cluster: any comments about my I/O performance stats?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 15:02:14 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Brian McNally
<bmcnally at u.washington.edu> wrote:

> I'd second testing to make sure bonding/trunking is working before you base
> other performance numbers on it. You may also want to consider different
> bonding modes if you have problems with balancing the traffic out. See:
>
> /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-<ver>/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt

Thanks Brian!

I'll double check but I have tested in the past to make sure bonding
is multiplying my traffic B/W. I am using bonding in the Adaptive Load
Balancing (ALB) mode. I forget what tool I had used but I believe it
was indeed netperf.  Of course the advantage only comes when talking
to two+ peers at the same time.

--
Rahul