[Beowulf] integrating node disks into a cluster filesystem?

Dmitry Zaletnev dzaletnev at yandex.ru
Fri Sep 25 17:32:28 PDT 2009

Mark,
I use to make experiments with my toy cluster of PS3. and I'm interested in your ideas.
PS3 has two network interfaces - GLAN NIC and Wi-fi. Available for running with my firmware 2.70 distros are:
Yellow Dog Linux 6.1 NEW, PSUBUNTU (Ubuntu 9.04), Fedora 11.
There're Allied Telesyn AT-GS900/8E switch and D-Link DIR-320 Wi-fi router with USB.
Except this systems there're Core2Duo E8400/ 8GB RAM/ 1.5 TB HDD and Celeron 1.8/ 1 GB RAM/ 80 GB HDD.
While I'm waiting when my partner-programmer realize ILP64-scheme in his CFD-package, PS3 stay without
any work and they are ready for any experiments with their HDD's of 80 GB.
I would prefer not to load their GLAN NICs with something except MPI, but may be it's possible to use wi-fi?
There're two PS3's, but it's suffice for an experiment.

Dmitry Zaletnev