[Beowulf] Best Practices SOL vs Cyclades ACS

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Fri Oct 9 22:09:45 PDT 2009

> We have more then 400 machines. Every month there is one machine that we can
> not reboot using IPMI or the SOL is not working.

we have something like 2500 nodes, mostly HP dl145g2's, and have a BMC-wedge
probably 6-12 times/year.  can I ask what brand/model has such flakey IPMI?
if you run "ipmi mc reset" on the node, does it resolve the problem?
I wonder whether flakiness might also correspond to some config or usage
pattern.  (ours dhcp from a local server - actually all the traffic is local.)