[Beowulf] recommendation on crash cart for a cluster room: full cluster KVM is not an option I suppose?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 10:18:02 PDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Skylar Thompson <skylar at cs.earlham.edu> wrote:
> Rahul Nabar wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Skylar Thompson <skylar at cs.earlham.edu> wrote:
>>

> That's what we use. You'd do something like "ipmitool -a -H hostname -U
> username -I lanplus sol activate" will do the trick.

Thanks Skylar. I just found I have bigger problems. I thought I was
done since ipmitool did a happy make; make install.

But nope:

./src/ipmitool -I open chassis status
Could not open device at /dev/ipmi0 or /dev/ipmi/0 or /dev/ipmidev/0:
No such file or directory
Error sending Chassis Status command

I don't think I have the impi devices visible. From googling this
seems a bigger project needing insertion of some kernel modules. There
goes my weekend! :)

--
Rahul