[Beowulf] Wired article about Go machine

Tony Travis a.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Thu Mar 26 09:18:22 PDT 2009

Tim Cutts wrote:
> [...]
> I don't know about hospital software, but it's certainly the case for
> some DNA sequencer instruments.  Our ABI 3700 capillary sequencers
> have Windows machines attached for the data collection.  ABI
> explicitly forbid us from either patching Windows, or from installing
> antivirus software.  Doing so would drop us off support.

Hello, Tim.

You were lucky ;-)

ABI told us that we should NOT TOUCH the keyboard of our old Mac-based
DNA sequencer during a run because it might cause the system to crash!

Bye,

	Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK