[Beowulf] Wired article about Go machine

Ellis Wilson xclski at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 09:06:38 PDT 2009

Vincent Diepeveen wrote:
> If experienced IT guys don't manage within 1 day to get something like
> that done with it,
> for sure office personnel with less of an experience there will fail.
> Then additional the
> documentation totally fails there.

Actually, I would be inclined to think that office personnel are MORE
capable for this type of task than "IT guys".  Not only will they have
spent a vast majority of their day working with all types of word
processing software, they would be in their position less single-minded
about one particular brand of software and thereby more open-minded in
their approach.

I can't tell you the number of times I've battled with "IT guys" who
have severe prejudices against things that in fact they don't know about
because they are too lazy to experiment with different solutions to the
same problem.

Ellis