[Beowulf] noobs: what comes next?

Tomislav Maric tomislav.maric at gmx.com
Tue Jun 23 09:23:31 PDT 2009

Thank You for the detailed answer, it's really educational. I've been
reading Atom's description today on tom's hardware, and there it's also
described in the way You have described it.

I was thinking about using RAID because I was worried about backup space
and speed for data transfer on the hard disk since there's a lot of data
to be stored - about 1GB for a case with 175 000 finite volumes case.
Now that I'm more informed I think I'll listen to You and Mr. John
Hearns and go with standard issue CPUs and mboards and, besides that,
whatever forgotten attic/basement hardware I can get my hands on from my
friends.
   Well, as I've said - I don't really know much, yet. I can only hope
for patience with my newbish questions/statements, like the one
regarding the power consumption for the miniITX - if it's PSU can give
out 90 Wats, that doesn't mean it will be spent. :)

Thanks again,
Tomislav