[Beowulf] Possible to perform different jobs on different nodes?

Dr Cool Santa drcoolsanta at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 07:33:17 PDT 2009

Because of the software that I am using, I am forced to use MPICH1
implementation.
And because the softeware is programmed in such a way, most of the time, I
don't need more than 3-5 nodes while I have 8. I just want to know whether
it is possible for it to use the first 3 nodes for the first job and the
next 3 for the next and so on.
I think it is not doing so right now and whether it would be possible with
this specific implementation is unsure.
If I must migrate to something else I am ready, I just need to know what I
should know from you people.