[Beowulf] Xorg question

Michael Di Domenico mdidomenico4 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 11:04:16 PDT 2009

Does anyone know if there is a way to get 'glxinfo' to run against the
running local Xserver, if i ssh in to a remote workstation?

When i SSH in to the workstation i have ForwardX turn on in ssh, so i
get the glxinfo from my local workstation.

If I unset DISPLAY and reset it to DISPLAY=:0, I get 'cannot connect
to DISPLAY'

Even if I switch to root, I still get denied.

I'm trying to avoid having to walk around to a bunch of workstations
just to see if the Accelerated X drivers are installed and running
instead of the Mesa drivers.