[Beowulf] nvidia card id?

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Mon Jul 13 11:26:33 PDT 2009

Hi Michaelm

On Monday 13 July 2009 20:14:25 Michael Di Domenico wrote:
> Does anyone know off hand if there is a way to pull the exact card
> information from an nvidia GPU inside a linux server from linux
> itself?

Have you tried installing the nvidia driver and the sdk?

> I received an S1070, but linux seems to think it's a S870.  The bezel
> on the front says S1070, so short of opening the unit, I'm not sure
> which to believe.

gpu06:/usr/local/nvidia/sdk-2.1# bin/linux/release/deviceQuery
There are 3 devices supporting CUDA

Device 0: "Tesla C1060"
  Major revision number:                         1
  Minor revision number:                         3
  Total amount of global memory:                 4294705152 bytes
  Number of multiprocessors:                     30
  Number of cores:                               240
  Total amount of constant memory:               65536 bytes
  Total amount of shared memory per block:       16384 bytes
  Total number of registers available per block: 16384
  Warp size:                                     32
  Maximum number of threads per block:           512
  Maximum sizes of each dimension of a block:    512 x 512 x 64
  Maximum sizes of each dimension of a grid:     65535 x 65535 x 1
  Maximum memory pitch:                          262144 bytes
  Texture alignment:                             256 bytes
  Clock rate:                                    1.30 GHz
  Concurrent copy and execution:                 Yes

[...]
Does this help?

Cheers

Carsten