[Beowulf] ECC exerciser/exorciser?

Carlos Fernandez Sanchez carlosf at cesga.es
Tue Jan 27 02:06:40 PST 2009

Well, actually is an HP RX7640

We don´t use node memory availability to balance job placement right now. We
are studying the influence of thread/core/memory placement on the
performance of different codes and the results are quite interesting
(depending on the type of test, it´s more efficient to put the threads on
the same "node" or in separates "nodes". In some cases the default kernel
placement of threads in the system can be improved). We plan to implement
this mechanism with cpusets (or maybe with taskset)

Carlos Fernandez Sanchez, PhD
Systems Manager
Centro de Supercomputacion de Galicia (CESGA)
Avda. de Vigo s/n. Campus Sur
15705 Santiago de Compostela
SPAIN
Tel.: (+34) 981569810, ext. 232
P Before printing, think about ENVIRONMENTAL responsibility!