[Beowulf] small distro for PXE boot, autostarts sshd?

Henning Fehrmann henning.fehrmann at aei.mpg.de
Fri Feb 27 06:34:26 PST 2009

Hi David,

we stole parts of the FAI schema but we use our own live chroot
environment which is NFS exported.
We created a minimal system using debootstrap - I think there is an
equivalent in CentOS. We installed everything inside the image which is
needed.
Either one writes an init script or one uses a liveinitrd to make parts
of the file system read-writable (/var/run,/var/log, etc.).

The best thing is, once you realize you need another tool on the live
system just chroot into the live system on the NFS server and install it
on the fly.

Cheers,
Henning