[Beowulf] Problem with ext3 filesystem?

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu Feb 12 14:21:34 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 04:53:00PM -0500, Mark Hahn wrote:

> I believe Lustre's ext3 extensions are incorporated in ext4,
> which is, at least by the developers, considered stable now.

To be specific, the ext4 people are now promising that they aren't
going to change the on-disk format. That's very different from working
so well that you can definitely trust your production system to it...
which is something that will widely agreed upon after ext4 has made it
into mainstream distros, with all the extra QA that that involves.

-- greg