[Beowulf] What is the right lubricant for computer rack sliding rails?

Ethan VanMatre evm at stccmop.org
Fri Feb 6 09:17:41 PST 2009

Might as well throw in my choice - McLube Sailkote - I use it on the
Sail track on my sailboat....

"It dries quickly to a hard, smooth, ultra-slick, hydrophobic dry
coating that bonds tenaciously to almost any surface. And because
Sailkote is a dry lubricant, it will not attract dirt or contaminants
and will not transfer to other surfaces, or you.

Sailkote is typically *five times* as effective, and lasts much longer
than, wax, oil or Teflon® based lubricants."

If you can believe them. However it does work on the boat quite well.

--Ethan

--
Ethan VanMatre - Research Systems Engineer - Computer Systems Manager
Center for Coastal Margin Observation and Prediction (CMOP)
(503) 748-1157  evm at stccmop.org