[Beowulf] New member, upgrading our existing Beowulf cluster

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Dec 2 11:12:13 PST 2009

Not sure if you are looking at DIY or commercial options but this has
been done well on a commercial scale by at least some integrators.

I've never used them in a cluster but they make great virtualization
platforms.

This is just one example, the marketing term is "1U Twin Server"

http://www.siliconmechanics.com/c1159/1u-twin-servers.php

Other vendors have various other options and the range of "dedicated" vs
"shared" resources among the twin and quad server configurations can
vary quite a bit. There is a good chance someone is already making a box
with the specs you are interested in.

Regards,
Chris