[Beowulf] Re: Cluster doesn't like being moved (Steve Herborn)

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Apr 20 03:41:22 PDT 2009

----- "John Hearns" <hearnsj at googlemail.com> wrote:

> This is good advice. I once participated in a move of clusters to a
> new building  at an oil company. I was very, very impressed with
> their professionalism.

At the other end of the scale I came across a group
who had moved a small IBM Cluster 1350 from building
to building by rolling the rack on its casters down
the corridor, out the front door, across the concrete
and paved paths to the new building, then back up a
few floors to its new location.

They then wondered why they had problems getting it
back up again and why these orange lights had appeared
on some disks in their storage node..