[Beowulf] Odd SuperMicro power off issues

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sun Apr 19 02:20:55 PDT 2009

----- "Nifty Tom Mitchell" <niftyompi at niftyegg.com> wrote:

> Power off is one of those BIOS + ACPI things.
> Do check for a BIOS update.

It seemed to be BIOS independent, the node would die
with Barcelona but not with Shanghai with the same
very latest BIOS (required for Shanghai).

It might be an interaction between the BIOS and
Barcenlona, but since we're going to Shanghai I've
marked that as "solved" for us, plenty of other
things to try and fix!