[Beowulf] Repenting for sins against Dell (on good Friday, no less)

Matt Lawrence matt at technoronin.com
Fri Apr 10 15:24:30 PDT 2009

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> I'll look there, but as I'm typing this on a Dell M1530 that even as of
> Fedora 10 still has non-functional hardware components and marginal
> hardware components, forgive me if I'm a bit cynical.  I'll believe that
> Dell is properly supporting linux when:

I'm typing this on an Inspiron 9300 and I will have to say it was the
easiest notebook install I have ever done.  Booted a CentOS 5 DVD and
everything just worked.  I don't know if any notebook manufacturer is
really supporting Linux very well.

I'm not a Dell fanboy, but I will have to admit that my notebook has been
a very good value for the money I spent.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts.