[Beowulf] Repeated Dell SC1435 crash / hang. How to get the vendor to resolve the issue when 20% of the servers fail in first year?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 12:22:35 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Joe Landman
<landman at scalableinformatics.com> wrote:

> A few do.  Scalable, Penguin, some Dell lurkers, the occasional IBMer, some
> Streamline and ClusterVision folks ...
>
>> They could grab more tips about customer satisfaction than those
>> surveys they keep sending me after every interaction.
>
> Many of us focus on what customers say and think.

Scalable, Penguin, ClusterVision, Streamline and with the other
smaller specialized I'm sure you guys are very well in tune with what
the customers say and think.

It is the behemoths Dell, IBM, HP etc. which have many layers between
the customer and the guys-that-pull-the-shots that are a concern.
Often, I feel they could do better if only they had a way to *really*
hear their customer rather than through some survey info filtered and
conducted by a third party contractor in a pretty lackadaisical
manner.

As an example over the last two days I've got many useful perspectives
from Jan and you and others representing the smaller shops but no
similar word from a bigger vendor. Maybe they just prefer the
anonymity.

Just a thought.

--
Rahul