[Beowulf] OT: Windows tex editors/processors

Osburn, Michael Michael.Osburn at echostar.com
Mon Apr 6 12:10:36 PDT 2009

>Can anyone recommend a good tex editor for the Windows Vista platform?
There are a lot of options out there on the
> web,   but many of them seem squirrely to me (too many required
additional components or limited usability).

While I typically use emacs for this, a few people in my office run LEd
(http://www.latexeditor.org/) and it seems to be pretty and provide a
lot of what is needed for the users. Personally, I think they all look
rather "busy" untill you go through and configure it down to what you
need but it's worth a looking into.

Michael