[Beowulf] Repeated Dell SC1435 crash / hang. How to get the vendor to resolve the issue when 20% of the servers fail in first year?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 09:53:26 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 11:26 AM, John Hearns <hearnsj at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Yeah. SGI is better.
>
> Blade goes pop, or we just even see some errors in a salinfo log.
> New blade turns up via DHL from European distribution centre, or SGI
> field engineer asks for it to
> be held for his collection.
> SGI engineer on our doorstep the next day, new blade in, or powerpod
> replaced, or whatever. Bob's your Uncle.

Thanks John! That's very nice to hear. Maybe we will indeed give SGI a
shot the next time! It is a mess dealing with multiple vendors but
with the amount of time I am spending on my Dell-nightmares things can
hardly get worse.

But it is indeed nice to have some vendors out there that are so
responsive! All is not dark! :)

--
Rahul