[Beowulf] Rackable / SGI

Ian Dillon ipdillon at msn.com
Wed Apr 1 07:28:22 PDT 2009

Killian,

As it turns out, Joe Landman and I had a very good conversation about the
state of HPC on Monday.  Please note that I do not want to turn this thread
into a sales and marketing pitch but rather make a couple suggestions to
your concern about EMEA support/resources for HPC.

I head up the Global Channel for Cray's CX1 product and as such, have
recruited several well qualified VARs and SIs that support HPC customers.
Like Scalable and Penguin, Cray seeks the best of breed partners and what I
can tell you is that these folks are happy to help and would do so with a
vendor agnostic approach.

The other concept I would like to introduce to is that internally, the Cray
CX1 team is developing a concept of an HPC University.  Basically, this
vehicle would bring the HPC community together to exchange ideas and
direction of HPC overall.  It will also serve as a means for individuals new
to HPC to quickly come up to speed.  In other words, Cray would establish an
HPC 101 tutorial and soliciting input from HPC veterans :)

Lastly, if you have any questions about Cray's direction and/or approach to
HPC, please send them directly to me - ipdillon at cray.com

I don't want to litter this newsgroup with too many posts.

Thanks,
Ian