[Beowulf] Interesting google server design

Ellis Wilson xclski at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 18:59:21 PDT 2009

Beyond that, building an entire cluster of that size into a large
shipping container is genius - given access and resources to a crane and
proper machining expertise.  But then again if your building a cluster
of that size I suppose the crane, shipping container and a few welders
are not going to be your biggest worries.

Also interesting is that they use Gigabyte - I haven't been entirely
impressed with them and that is for purely desktop use.  Perhaps their
server grade boards are better quality enough to make them worthwhile at
that scale.

Ellis