[Beowulf] Compute Node OS on Local Disk vs. Ram Disk

Douglas Eadline deadline at eadline.org
Tue Sep 30 06:17:03 PDT 2008

Good point about swap. I often try an make the distinction
that diskless booting (provisioning) does not require
diskless nodes. That is, it is perfectly reasonable to
use a centralized provisioning method and yet have HDD's
on compute nodes -- if you need them. In the case where
swap and local scratch space are needed this makes sense.
(As long as the disks don't start collecting
any cluster state on them)

--
Doug

Doug