[Beowulf] Re: MS Cray

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Thu Sep 18 12:15:19 PDT 2008

>> http://www.cray.com/Products/CX1/Product/Specifications.aspx
>> claims 1600W, 92% efficient.  their pages don't give much info on the

this is just for 1 psu, and at least 2 are needed.

> 1600W for 8 8-core, 300 MHz, 2 GB/core RAM blades at full computational
> load?

sorry, my post was misleading.  it's 3200 for 64c, 200W/socket.  these
sockets are 80W TDP (50W option), so that seems pretty believable.

> Somebody just mailed me specs offline that suggested 375W/card, which is

I see up to about 350W with my power meter on a commodity (HP) dual
2.67 intel quad-core system.  (1 disk, 8GB non-fbdimm memory).